motronic 1.3 swap: dead in my garage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motronic 1.3 swap: dead in my garage.

finished up the motronic 1.3 swap on my 91 e30 with b35 swap. problem is when i turn the key the starter motor spins but is not being pushed back onto the flywheel, it was working perfect before the swap. the fuel pump wont turn on either unless i jump the back side of the relay connector. ohm'd everyhting out and the wire that comes off the ground for the fuel pump relay (brown/green) is not getting ground, i followed the wire all the way to c101 where it is #5 and my e34 engine harness (89 535i) which corresponds to a black/brown wire on my e30 (91 325i) chassis harness measured 193 ohms on the chassis side. not exactly sure where the black/brown chassis wire goes since i am having trouble finding a c101 pinout that looks similar to mine.

i have made 2 modifications to the engine harness, the first is at c101 where i moved pin #3 to pin #8 and the second is where i cut the bown/black wire (#15 engine side) and ran it down to the top bolt of the starter.

anyone want to shed some light on anything i may be missing? or why the brown/green ground wire is not getting ground? and i dont want to replace the starter since it worked just fine before and i dont see how it could have gone bad just sitting in my garage for a week. maybe the starter is not receiving ground as well?
    thanks,
    Matt

edit: the brown green wire at #5 on c101 is the oil pressure sensor. sorry i was confused cos they are the same color i saw this stated on a few wiring diagrams but was skeptical but i see now that i have traced the wire that this is true, but this obviously has solved nothing.

Comment

Working...
    X