No announcement yet.

easiest engine swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just do the normal maintenace you would do on your m10. Go over the timing chain system, top and bottom end gaskets, and the usual things you would do in a full service.
    Let me note these things freaking fly. You will surprise a few people at the traffic lights. I certainly was surprised when I helped my friend finish this and took it for at drive. With a 4.10 diff you'll turn first and second gears easily. But like I said in the other thread, make sure you get a HD clutch for the m10 gearbox. Stock m10 will slip from day one.

Comment

do you have any recomendations on what clutch kit i should put in o and my flywheel weights a crap ton, can i put in one from a 325?

Comment

We used a spec stage 3. It has 6 puck clutch plate with a sprung hub. It bites real hard, but can get wearisome during daily use. If I were to do it again I would've done got a less aggressive clutch. I wouldn't know if a 325i flywheel would work, we got one from an m10.

Comment

ok sounds good. i will probably go stage 2 i had a stage 2 in my last car and liked that it has a good feel to it.

Comment

Good & tight do u have pictures of those mounts?

Comment

Jk I found ur thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstudent View Post
                i hate to tell you this but you can expect to pay at least that much to swap in another engine, especially something different
                false.

I did an M20B25 swap into my 1991 318is and it cost me -$170. Yep that's a negative in front of that 170. I did the swap and MADE $170 on top.

How you ask?

Buy a running but totalled parts car for dirt cheap, swap everything over, part out the rest of the donor car, profit.

oh, and I still have a leftover M42 drivetrain that I need to sell, as well as an extra 3.73 LSD from the donor car (I kept the 4.10 LSD in the car).

Comment

Don't even waste the cash on an aftermarket clutch.
                  Stock m30 will hold 300hp ez.

I spent approx. 500bux for a turn key setup.
                  Not including ecu/mounts. but Other then brackets everything is 100% OE bolt on.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                    Don't even waste the cash on an aftermarket clutch.
                    Stock m30 will hold 300hp ez.

I spent approx. 500bux for a turn key setup.
                    Not including ecu/mounts. but Other then brackets everything is 100% OE bolt on.
                    They're talking about the clutch from the m10 gearbox, the getrag 240.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by e30hijinks
                    I move faster than "the speed of light." I'm always connected to my Blackberry and am ready to purchase at a moment's notice. I do not play games

Comment

Either way a stock m30 clutch is all you need N/A.
                      Related to this, I just pulled a complete m30b35 for $180 today 50% off.
                      Last edited by LowR3V'in; 04-06-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                        false.

I did an M20B25 swap into my 1991 318is and it cost me -$170. Yep that's a negative in front of that 170. I did the swap and MADE $170 on top.

How you ask?

Buy a running but totalled parts car for dirt cheap, swap everything over, part out the rest of the donor car, profit.

oh, and I still have a leftover M42 drivetrain that I need to sell, as well as an extra 3.73 LSD from the donor car (I kept the 4.10 LSD in the car).
                        haha same! i bought a running/wrecked m3 and i have come up roughly $2000 by parting it out. no joke. Got the car for a steal. AND, i still have a ton more parts to sell off of it. The biggest was a set of 5 DS 2's in perfect condition with brand new tires. Man the kid i bought that car from has to be kicking himself.

anyways, hit up the m30 swap. you wont regret it.
                        1989 E30 Zinnoberrot Vert 325i OBD1 S52 turbo;IP

Comment

iv got an almost brand new clutch and flywheel set up that will work with either a b35 or b34, PM me if your interested

Comment

Working...
                          X