Best Spark Plug Direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Spark Plug Direction

What is the best direction for the spark plug to face when installed? The open end facing the injector I'm guessing?

I ask this because I used to help out on a 8 second Super Modified GTO and I remember them marking the plug with a sharpie and getting them all facing the same way. They had about 30 new spark plugs they were using to get them all to match.

Any input would be great.
    sigpic
    Instagram: @DrLeadFoot

I don't know how much indexing helps on these motors. What plugs are you using? I would imagine toward the center of the chamber is best maybe slightly toward the intake valve but I don't expect a noticeable gain...but then again it can't hurt. I don't know who races these engines but they would be the ones to talk to. Guys on mye28 might know.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks for the input. I have a S52 and a S54...not sure if I posted the thread in the right area.

I'm going to run some cheap NGK's and change them 15,000-20,000 miles.

I'm going to point them toward the center of the chamber. Totally unnecessary but what the hell...right?
      sigpic
      Instagram: @DrLeadFoot

Comment

Working...
      X