m30b35 + e36 steering rack????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m30b35 + e36 steering rack????

Is anyone using a e36 steering rack with their m30 swap? My car has an e36 rack and the previous owner had the spacers for the rack on top, but I recently read that they should be on the bottom. With the spacers on the bottom the rack sits to high and wont let the m30 clear the hood ( so it appears...). Im going to try just putting the spacers back on top for now but does anyone else have this setup in their m30 car? If so, were there any issues??

Thanks, Tyler.

I'm buttoning up my m30swap. I am using an e36 rack with spacers on top and Otis mounts with no clearance issues. I think the spacers go on top unless the car is lowered a lot.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Yep - M30 +e36 rack here - no issues. My (akg?) spacers are on top. But my engine is really low..
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Awesome thanks for the reply guys. I'll just move the spacers back to the top.

Comment

So an e36 rack will keep spacing the same or less?
          My pan is almost touching as it is.

Comment

someone else will have to chime in about that.^^ I have not had a stock rack in this car to compare..

Comment

I sure it's about the same. You could always use smaller spacers top and bottom if clearance is an issue.

It's one of those jobs you have to do and just figure it out - don't be too worried. It's nothing too hard.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
              X