What oil cooler setup for m30 swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What oil cooler setup for m30 swap?

Trying to finish up my m30 swap and was wondering what people use as far as an oil cooler setup. I know people use a non-cooled setup off of a b34 motor but I have a b35 and dont have the parts to run a non-cooled setup.

I also know the e30 m3 cooler is an option but I am looking for other solutions as well.

Comment

Why run a cooler? A lot of m30's never came with one. If your oil is too hot then you need to figure out why.
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

We endurance race a b34 with no oil cooler. We recently added a oil temp gauge and it never went above 160ish after 9 straight hrs. Not sure why you would ever need one. You could pick up a VDO oil temp sending unit (replaces your oil plug) and see if you need one first. Just an idea..

m

Comment

What do you mean don't have room for a non-cooled setup?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
            What do you mean don't have room for a non-cooled setup?
            Think he means he has the oil filter housing with the hoses for a cooler and is wanting to use that.

My advice, just go to a pick-a-part and grab a standard one (without the hoses).
            ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

If you go to a non-cooler setup be sure to get the right cannister and gasket where it bolts to the block. There are a number of varaitions in port configuration and a few different gaskets. A lot of info on this is available on mye28.com
              Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

What about plugging the holes where the cooler attaches? Will this be okay?

Comment

Working...
                X