Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M30 swap questions..trying to finish this thing up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are 20 and 25 pin 535/735i harnesses depending on the YEAR of the car.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I said screw it and used the m20 harness. Where do you route it though? Under the intake manifold?

Comment

Good call! You will be much happier with the M20 harness. Yes under the intake manifold. You can kind of see what I did here:

It really isn't too bad to make it work. Can be kind of a pain peeling off all the plastic stuff from the harness.

Thanks Otis! It is in the front position there but I ended up moving it back. I think the rear position is the way too go. Also cleaned up some more stuff under there since then.
        Are Three Vee

Dad Spec

Comment

Thanks man. Your car might just be my favorite e30 ever!

Comment

The main starter cable on M30s isn't incorporated into the engine harness. It is seperate in a metal tube bolted to the engine.
            Re the plugs in the E-box, the one with the brown wires is for the e-box temp. sensor, can't remember the other two, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by tfritz View Post
              Thanks man. Your car might just be my favorite e30 ever!
              I managed to make the m30b34 auto harness work:

Sorry I didn't chime in earlier...
              ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Working...
              X