M30B35 swap stock E28 motor mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30B35 swap stock E28 motor mounts?

Talking to a kid last night at a local car club GTG who says he's affiliated with a local shop ( who has a presence here on the forum ).

He stated as fact that he had done a swap into an E30 with the stock mounts with no modifications and it was a straight bolt in. After spending much time helping another local douchebag swap the same into his E30 and now it's not fast enough I'm pretty sure this is not possible.

I'm requesting his pics that he promised to put up. LOL
    Last edited by Pinepig; 05-20-2012, 01:19 PM.

Eat a dick fag!
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

You should have been there last night, there were two other young E30 owners hanging on this kids every word, it was sad.

Comment

Ummm, is it a shop who's shirt I'm wearing right meow? I'm pretty sure anyone that's done an m30 into e30 knows special mount brackets are required.

Comment

Maybeeeee.....

I don't want to give the shop a bad name cause honestly I don't know shit about them other than this kid CLAIMS to work for them. I'm guessing it's more like he sucks the dick of the guy that sweeps the floor for them.

Comment

edit
            ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Subscribed, this is of my interest (i could save $275 if this is true)

Comment

You can't, it won't.

Comment

Everyone knows you need special mounts with period correct holes and a notched subframe.
                  Originally posted by LJ851
                  I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Everyone knows the B34/5 powerplant will instantly bring the E30 chassis to its knees, thus requiring special engine mount arms. It's simple molecular biology , really.
                    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

e28 arm won't work.
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

This thread brought to you by Tab cola
                        Originally posted by LJ851
                        I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

....and also by....3M's blue painters tape.
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

And full price OEM wire loop wrap? And bondo numbers on the side of a block?

Comment

Technically i guess you could use stock mounts.... but you would need to put a trunk mounted radiator rally style... i paid 300 shipped for my b35 mounts from e30.de. soo im gonna say you have to buy them, unless .de mounts are a huge scam by zee germans
                              Last edited by WatchMyDrift; 05-27-2012, 12:06 AM. Reason: suck at spelling.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X