Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realized I have a automatic E28 535i harness, conversion to manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realized I have a automatic E28 535i harness, conversion to manual?

This issue was realized after dinky around with the engine bay. Yes I know it took me awhile to realize but I REALIZE IT NOW! I have an E28 535i engine harness! Will this work for my M30 E30 swap, and of course I want my car to be a manual.

Brief inform about my car; 1985 323i Euro. I am using the E28 535i harness and ECU for this M30b34 swap. I'm using this harness and ECU because the ECU came chipped, plus my OEM ECU is a 25 pin and the E28 is a 35 pin.

I've looked around the web and can't find anything, maybe I've not look hard enough, and Frank talked about it in his swap manual but I can't seem to find the answer due to a few details. I know I have to move some wires around and the TPS but which wire and what color to where?

If you can help me by pointing me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

I did this particular conversion myself m30 into e30 323i.

A lot of the colours at the c101 pretty much matched up with only 1 or 2 wires under the dash for tach and ignition etc. (going from c101 engine side too c103 chassis side.)

And yes, you can use the automatic engine harness. I did, I just taped the extra wiring out of the way.
    ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Working...
    X