Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using 93 535i harness with m30 swap?

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of doing my m30 swap and I've had some bad luck with engine harnesses.

Anyway, I ended up sourcing a 1993 e34 535i harness locally, but I'm not totally clear on what needs to be done to use this harness in my car (1991 318i). I've read that the 89-91 harnesses work with little modification, but haven't heard or been able to find any information on the 1993 harness being used.

Any help/info would be much appreciated.
    sigpic

yes

Comment

thanks. So all the late model m30 harnesses are the same between 89-93? I had another m30 harness to compare it with, but that one turned out being hacked up.
      Last edited by dannyyisntt; 06-22-2012, 07:02 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Nobody?
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm answering any of your questions above but for my swap I used a full harness from an 1987 E28 along with its' ECU. It fits almost perfect. The only splicing was adapting to the C101 and since in the e28 the battery is in the front left of the car, the harness battery wire had to be extended but over all it was pretty much straight forward.

I own a 1985 323i Euro and swapped with M30b34, turbo is the plan. The only issue I have right now is bleeding the cooling system --> It's a pain in the freaken-ass!!!

Comment

^^ that's a completely different Motronic version, ECU and harness.

OP, nothing should have changed drastically on the M30 harness between 91 and 93.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Yea, it did change.

The connector doesn't line up at all from the late model, unless you want to splice every single wire around the main connector you're going to need a new harness, sorry

The changeover was in late 91, my 1991 535i donor car had this same issue and I had to get a new harness
              '89 335is +turbo

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

Originally posted by Lurker27 View Post
                Yea, it did change.

The connector doesn't line up at all from the late model, unless you want to splice every single wire around the main connector you're going to need a new harness, sorry

The changeover was in late 91, my 1991 535i donor car had this same issue and I had to get a new harness
                Do you have a pinout for the changeover by chance?
                sigpic

Comment

No, save the headache and get the correct harness
                  '89 335is +turbo

Comment

This is the one I have. I'm an electrician by trade, so I'm not horribly concerned with rewiring a plug. But thanks anyway, I'll just see what can be found on the interwebs.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X