Ignition e28 to e34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition e28 to e34

I bought spark plug wire, coil, distributor for my m30b34 and i might move on to m30b35 since the b34 isnt reliable.

Do you think all of those will fit on the new engine ? Or they are e28 specific ?

Thanks

On the E34 set up you "need" the E34 specific plug wire for cylinder #6 with the impulse plug on it...but I didn't have it hooked up on my M20 and was fine. For that matter I haven't had it on my Euro B34 and it runs fine. So to answer your question, no, they aren't B34 specific. What would make you think the B34 isn't reliable? It is probably about 85% the same engine..
    sigpic'87 335i

Comment

E34s have different coils too, but they operate in the same way. A little more powerful. I got an e34 coil when I went b35, but ran with a B34 coil while I waited on shipping.

Distributor is the same.

#6 wire is the only one that is different. I'd get the B35 wires and just secure the impulse sensor wire out of the way until the B35 was swapped.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Thanks !

Got a probleme with the engine and we dont find it and i might have blowed my tranny. I've found a full swap for a fair price.

Comment

Working...
        X