M30 information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30 information?

If I wanted to know everything there was to know about an M30B32, is there a site or a page or a document one of you guys has saved up that can help me out? I've got Frank's write up, but he glosses over the e28 motors a little.

My biggest question is the electronics really, I have an '87 325e for a swapee and a b32 out of an '88 533i. I'm not opposed to rolling my own harness if need be, but if there's a cool trick where the harness out of some German refrigerator magically fits perfectly then I'm all ears. /sarcasm

I've got other questions though before I get started so if anybody's got a killer source of M30 info, post dat shit.
    <-- F*** that guy

In for this. I pmd Frank a few days ago and be hadn't responded.

Taylor
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

M30B32 is extremely similar to M30B34. Motronic 1.0 (some were L-jet, you shouldn't swap those in), B34 mounts, trans needs sensor holes, etc.

It's a crap engine, though. I think a guy in this section dynoed one that he put in and it made like 140 hp? You should make all efforts to get a B35 or at least a B34.

Also the 533i wasn't made in 88.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Yeah, M30B35 (or at LEAST b34) or don't even bother (unless you add boost of course).
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          Also the 533i wasn't made in 88.
          Oops, I meant '83 not '88

Originally posted by Jean View Post
          Yeah, M30B35 (or at LEAST b34) or don't even bother (unless you add boost of course).
          But a 333i sounds so cool!
          <-- F*** that guy

Comment

Find yourself a Euro B34 and upgrade to motronic 1.3...all the benefits of higher CR and the much better engine control...though finding a chip ( besides the Miller WAR) is a bit of a problem.
            sigpic'87 335i

Comment

Can use the WAR chip with the b32? If you can, that's definitely the rout I'd be going, along with a maf conversion of course.
              <-- F*** that guy

Comment

to be honest, you'll be wasting your time swapping in a b32 engine.

Get a b34 at the least, but b35 is the best bet when considering an m30 swap. Everything about it is much simpler. engine harness plugs right in, better management, looks better without the intake struts (personal preference), more power, etc, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                  to be honest, you'll be wasting your time swapping in a b32 engine.

Get a b34 at the least, but b35 is the best bet when considering an m30 swap. Everything about it is much simpler. engine harness plugs right in, better management, looks better without the intake struts (personal preference), more power, etc, etc...
                  What are intake struts?

BUY MY WHEELS! BBS E50s!!
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=275407

Originally posted by Lurker27
                  Any man will tell you being blown is better than being stroked.

Comment

the metal support brackets that run from the valve cover to the intake manifold. Not sure of the proper term so I made one up.

Comment

Working...
                    X