Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So i got this probleme since too long now (video updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i got this probleme since too long now (video updated)

I did swap my e30 with a m30b34 from a e28 like 2 or 3 years ago.

I only run the car during summer.

The first summer i got it, i had this strange problem with the car. The car would randomly turn off while cruising 1 time a month. They guy who sold me the engine and did the install told me to put some brake cleaner under the black plastic top on the AFM and wait 1 minutes. It was working well, but the second year the problem came more often then once a 1 month.

So i thoung it was a faulty AFM so i did the miller MAF conversion during that summer and i did change the CPU at that momment. Probleme wasnt solve and i could not pour break cleaner anymore, so it was hard to restart the car. I had to crank several time the engine to make it run again. I could try between 5 and 20 times.

So this summer i've try really hard to solve it. I did change the crank sensor like some ppl told me, didnt work. Change the spark plug, spark plug wire, coil, distributor and still doesnt work. I thougt it was cause by a vaccum leak between maf and trhottle body, since it wasnt the boot between wasnt oem and was a modified aluminum tubing and it still doest work.

Problem:
    -The car miss sometime, like if the car was about to turn off sudenly but it doesnt, and this give a hit like braking or accelerating, i dont know how to decribe the feeling.

-The car turn off randomly and its very hard to turn it on after.
    *Sometime when the car turn off, if i put the gas pedal to the floor the will start by it self without touching the key
    *Sometime i can turn the car on by trying to turn the key like to start the car even if the car still going forward.

I really dont know what to chek now, need your help !

Here is the little video story of my fail m30

ps sorry for the bad english im french canadian!
    Last edited by Klonsk8; 09-18-2012, 09:01 PM.

Have you checked anything in your fuel system? How old is your fuel filter? You could try a test on the fuel pressure regulator and make sure you have good pressure.

Honestly my first thought was the coil, but you already did that. I'd also try replacing the whole ECU with a new one, and put your chip in to the new ECU.

Comment

have you checked the fuel relay or the main relay? i had VERY similar problems with my m20 thought it was the fuel relay replaced it. Still ended up having the same problem but when i changed the main relay the problem was fixed. try that maybe it will work for you?
      #Treadlifematters

Comment

Since you replaced all of your ignition items, I would start looking at your fuel and main relay. I had this problem with my m20 recently. My car started missing pretty bad one day, found a problem with my ignition wire and decided to fix all ignition stuff and it continued to miss, even after I changed everything until it just wouldn't start any more and left me for dead on the highway. Ended up being the fuel relay wiggling itself loose...
        BMWCCA # 482566

Originally posted by nando
        also, I can't think of any BMW special tools you need to do a headgasket on an M20. you could nearly do it with the trunk tool kit, some bubble gum, and string.
        Check out my Leather Shift Boots for Sale Here

Check out my other work with my GF Here Great gifts for your Wife or GF

Comment

engine temp sensor ok?
          dme / fuel ?
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I've seen this issue (or one very similar) once before as well. In my case it was the fuel "supply" pump not working properly. The main (high pressure) pump was working fine, but would get starved for fuel because the supply pump was cracked and not delivering fuel proplerly. Fuel pressure test always tested good.
            90 325i DD/Track
            03 Durango 5.9

Originally posted by e30mpg
            It is recommended to get new gasket but this is R3v and we just copper spray that shit......slap biotch on and tighten to tq.

Comment

I too have seen this issue or something very similar with my completed M30b34 swap a few weeks ago. Found out I had a bad external fuel pump along with a bad ECM. So I changed the fuel filter, fuel pump, ALL the fuel lines and grabbed an ECM from a local junk yard (only $20.00) and the car turned/fired/ran like nothing happened plus it ran better, I think the ECM from the junk was chipped...

Comment

I forgot ot mention that i swapped the fuel pump for a walbro 255 at the begining of the summer, we did change fuel pump relay, main relay. I tough i only had 1 internal fuel pump (325i 91).

Im trying to find another DME the past few day to test.
                I will chek for engine temp sensor and fuel pressure !

Comment

Im still waiting for a new dme,i hope to get it next week!

But i did manage to take all of the problem on video !

Here is the little story of my fail m30

Comment

Working...
                  X