m30 afm swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m30 afm swap

hey guys dont know if this is the right thread but i need some of yall help lol i recently swapped my eta to an i and then i started modding. im having trouble with air and fuel managment. my in tank fuel pump took a shit not to long ago soo then i put a 255 hi flow one in there and deleted the inline pump. ran soo much better untill my regulator started giving... soo i ordered a new regulator an adjustable one and then my car was running good soo i put in the m30 afm and i heard somewhere u have to swap the circuit board soo i did and now when i snap the throttle it doesnt suck air in and im confused somebody please help me.. note i do have my ecu chipped and i have 19lbs injectors... thanks soo much in advanced you guys are here to save my life haha =]

You said you put in the AFM in. The afm Bmw produced until early 90's is very restrictive, using a bulky door that opens up thus measuring the air flow and adjusting with the proper fuel ratio. The MAF is just A stationary sensor that measures the air passing by it. Miller is very popular for their afm to maf conversion kit. I say kit because you must instal a tuned chip to go with your new MAF. Millers kit (MAF & ECU specific chip)runs for about $400. In the HP world there aren't many way's you can gain up to 40HP for $400. Thats a good $/HP ratio. installing the chip and wiring the MAF W/12V power is simple even for a novice like me. I Felt (Holy Shit) Gains when I put mine in.

Comment

Everything I have ever read about the Miller MAF conversion says that there are minmal gains, especially on a stock or lightly mod'd car...Where are you getting the 40 hp number from?
      sigpic'87 335i

Comment

Subscribed!

Comment

does the flapper on the AFM move freely?
          sigpic'87 335i

Comment

it moves... i tookthe cover off but only when i snap the throttle it stops sucking air and when u rev it up slowly itll go up and now that i swapped circuit boards niether work lol jus what i needed haha soo now im screwed maybe i hooked something up wrong? it looks exactly how i took it out

Comment

soo i went to the junkyard this morning got another m30 afm and put it in and it runs better than the other one did thats for sure but i alos have an ajustable fpr any sugestions on how many psi to put it at i heard like 3.5 bar but i have it around 4....

Comment

miller maf for m30 is an amazing upgrade. def worth the money

Comment

Originally posted by speicherbimmer View Post
                  everything i have ever read about the miller maf conversion says that there are minimal gains, especially on a stock or lightly mod'd car...where are you getting the 40 hp number from?
                  +1

Comment

Working...
                  X