89 735i engine AND trans for swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 735i engine AND trans for swap?

I will be buying an m30 out of a standard trans e32 on monday for my e30..question is, do I want THAT trans too? Seems to me it would have to be a strong one to move around that big boy:)

I would take it just because its always been with the motor. i think your going to have to modify the shift tower/plate to have the gear selector fit. but a plus is i think the e32's had the single mass flywheel.
    sigpic

Comment

yes get the trans. It is the g260/6.

Comment

M30s all had single mass. I'd break the trans/engine and slap an M5/533 flywheel and M5 clutch. Fucker will move with that.

Otherwise, yes, it's the same trans/FW they put in every other M30 car from 1986+.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Not true, the e34 535i with m30 has a duel mass flywheel.

Comment

Originally posted by South26 View Post
            Not true, the e34 535i with m30 has a duel mass flywheel.
            yup. my motor from an e34 had a dual mass....god damn heavy to... i actually found a 733i with a manual at the junkyard and took the flywheel from that. instant lightweight flywheel for $30! i wanna say it weighs something like 12 or 15 pounds vs the 30+ pounds the e34 DM one
            sigpic

Comment

Absolutely. Check my signature to purchase a full writeup of the m30 into the e30.

In fact, the m30 which I purchased was also from an 89 735i.
              Recent Rebranding!!
              Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
              E30 SM62/S62
              E30 M60 V8
              E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
              Instagram.com/garageaholic
              Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

If you can pick up a decent E28 535i flywheel for a good price you should be able to get it machined down to about 15 lbs. for about $75.
                Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

You also can use a M90 or E9/E3 flywheel since you don't need the timing teeth and they are 15lbs ish stock.
                  Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Working...
                  X