Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30 chokes with more than 1/3 throttle

Hi,
    My swapped M30 started recently acting weird. When I give it more than, say 1/3 of throttle, it stops revving, but chokes/stalls and backfires instead. If I hold the throttle below "the threshold position", it will rev all the way up, but once I give it more, it chokes.

We checked the spark-plugs already, they are still like new and unlikely to cause the issue.

Any ideas? Help please

Vacuum leak my friend. I have seen this many times after I do a swap. All it takes is a little hole or a cracked hose. I had all my lines tighten perfect and it still choked out. Removed the FPR 1/4" hose the hooks to the intake manifold on the bottom. Had a little crack and it would leak. Swapped it out and it runs perfect.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Thanks! It makes sense, the engine idles high too. Would you happen to know if the M30B30 hoses are the same as M30B35?
      Edit: NVM, they fit
      Last edited by cernymuz; 05-24-2013, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Of that doesn't work check your throttle position sensor

Comment

So it turns out the issue was with distributor

Comment

Care to elaborate? Worn parts? Loose rotor?

I miss the old BMW

Comment

Might as well check your wires while you're at it, and all the vac lines/tubes, only takes a few minutes and gives some piece of mind. I've been stranded a few times because a rip in the intake boot.

Comment

Working...
              X