Removing hub/toothed belt sprocket from crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing hub/toothed belt sprocket from crank

How do you do this? The shop manual suggests a special tool, must i actually have to order this from bmw?

just removed the 13mm headed bolts holding it on, and then pull it off, a rubber mallet comes in handy to tap on it a tad.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
      just removed the 13mm headed bolts holding it on, and then pull it off, a rubber mallet comes in handy to tap on it a tad.
      to clarify, the item that needs to come off is the hub where the 13mm bolts screw into. attached to that hub is the crank's sprocket where the timing belt runs around. its diameter is too large to remove that last dust cover...

Comment

hmm, i skipped a step, the one at the top of this picture... maybe that would make it easier. uhg.
        Attached Files

Comment

OHHH, thats what #3 is in the second picture. i thought that was part of the tool... man these pictures suck!

Comment

so here is what i was able to put together, as that bolt was in there so damn tight... looks kinda like... loctite, wtf
            Attached Files

Comment

ahh, Ya that bolt is on super tight, heating it with a torch and then hitting it with an impact wrench ussualy does the trick.
              85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Air tools are your friend.
                '91 318is
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brew
                  Air tools are your friend.
                  yeah, i'm new to owning my own tools on the large scale... that one probably wont happen until i need the compressor for the paint job.

Comment

Working...
                  X