No announcement yet.

Power from your M30B35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey so i have found out that piston rings cost a lot lol. So im looking at pistons. I am not going to boot the engine maybe some tweeks and head work. So BavAuto has MaxSi piston set for under $700.00 are these good pistons to use. Please remember im not boosting the engine and it will not ever be revved over 7000.
    Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

The reason to modify the firewall is if you want your motor mounted as far back as possible for better weight distribution. Many mounts give you a choice of position.

How much were you quoted for rings and what kind were you looking at? Also are your cylinder bores worn excessively requiring a re-bore or would simple honing suffice? If you need to re-bore or you wish to use an alternative piston for higher compression then you should consider Paul Burke's pistons that can be made any way you want them and are probably not that much more than the price you got for the Max-sil ones. There are other good brands as well.

Before you do anything I suggest you carefully inspect the block for tiny cracks on the deck surface and around the head bolt holes and water jacket holes. I would also have the block magna fluxed to make sure it is good and then have them make sure the deck surface is perfectly flat as well. This should not cost that much.
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah I have a local machine shop that Ryan gmw referred me to and it would be about 400 in block work including a boring the cylinders if needed. But I will look into Paul burkes pistons as well thank you for the tip.

sigpic

Comment

I am a bit stumped no one says what manifold they are using other than the stock manifolds and I want to use stainless steel manifolds. So what I want to know is will these exhaust manifolds work with a E30 M30 swap?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Titan_Omega View Post
            I am a bit stumped no one says what manifold they are using other than the stock manifolds and I want to use stainless steel manifolds. So what I want to know is will these exhaust manifolds work with a E30 M30 swap?

http://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/E34-...m30header.html
            You can use those headers if you use our mounts. All other mounts that are on the market do not allow for aftermarket headers (which is why we started making them). Our m30 mounts were designed around the IE headers.

Clearance pictures:

Comment

Well in that case I'll definitely be ordering from you guys when I'm ready to drop the engine in.

sigpic

Comment

Itis my understanding that my cars driveshaft will not work on a 5 series g260 because the flange is too small. But here is another question. Is my cars 1986 eta 5 speed driveshaft too short or too long if i put my M30 in position 3 using Garagistic mounts.

sigpic

Comment

I'm using Bavauto long tube headers with Otis B35 mounts and just had to create firewall clearance and slight block clearance. There was plenty of room by the motor mounts.
                  Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Does anybody have experience with Funk Masta mounts? My car apparently has them and I need headers...

Comment

Bump

sigpic

Comment

Wasssup guys... Looks like we're on a similar journey... I got some mounts from GB on ebay and my stahl long tubes don't clear, not even sure if they'll fit down the tunnel yet... I'd like to try the passenger side mount from what I saw here... If not, the stahls may be up for sale or heated and bent (worth a try)... ALSO, I've ordered polyurethane at 90A hardness and will try making my own mounts for DD... If they work out good, I should have enough leftover for another set or two... Just waiting on mounts so exhaust can get done correctly...
                        sigpic
                        Streetable poly mounts, trans mounts are here!
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=streetable
                        '94 318i
                        '07 335i
                        '11 X5
                        '89 325ic m30b35

Comment

Working...
                        X