to 2jz....or not to 2jz. that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e-dirtym52 View Post
    When I got the engine from a friend of mine he said that it was already properly timed. So my mistake on not checking it and if it was timed properly I'm not sure on how often those jump timing if they even can. But I ordered a timing kit and everything to make sure everything's aligned so I'm really hoping that this will put me back on the road. I also resealed the vanos while re timing. But since winter is coming up I figured if there was any better time to swap it back out then that would be it. But I'll just stick with this headache for now and see what I can make of her
    It's a chain. Unless guides and tensioner are gone; it cannot loose timing.
    If it looses timing then I would be concerned about valve/piston contact.

I'd suggest you leak it down after you set the timing with the proper vanos setting kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Yea I got the proper timing kit and I've turned the engine over a few times and made sure the valves aren't being hit and the vanos is re sealed and set correctly too. Just waiting for a valve cover gasket to come in and its time to fire it up
      If you're not going to do it right, please don't take it out on your car!

Comment

Working...
      X