M10 Power Steering Pump on M30???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M10 Power Steering Pump on M30???

Since the M30 I bought came from an 735iL with the load leveling suspension, that means that the power steering junk is tied into the load leveling stuff and unusable in my situation.

When thinking about alternatives, it seems that the M10 and M30 are closely related and that I could possibly use the M10's power steering setup on the M30.

Has anyone heard of that being done?

Otherwise, the obvious choice is to just go to a yard and pull the stuff off another M30 car without the load leveling crap.

Just spitballing here.

EDIT: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...power+steering

Should have searched. Doh!
    Last edited by marshallnoise; 10-06-2013, 11:53 PM. Reason: Noob
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Yes it will work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk now Free

Comment

The m20 has the same m30 pump, just different brackets.

Comment

Yeah, it appears as though the bracketry is the only difference. I won't worry about going to the yard and looking for an m30 set of brackets until the m10 is pulled and I can see if the mounting points are the same between m30 and m10.

As I understand it, it is essentially the same block with two cylinders lobbed off so I guess I was more wondering if the m10 bracketry would bolt onto the m30 block and function as intended.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I'm running an M10 pump on my swap - the M10 brackets don't bolt up to an M30B35 - might work on the earlier motors.

The M30 brackets bolt straight up to the M10 pump though as already suggested - from memory I used the brackets off the self levelling pump.

The plus of the M10 pump is that it runs at lower pressure than the M20 / M30 version, so the steering is slightly meatier (I've always thought the stock steering is a little over assisted, so suits me well). **Edit** - just noticed you added the other thread where I said the same thing ;)

The pressures are written on the pumps.
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Oh sweet! I was under the impression that the self leveling crappy would have to be bombed including the bracketry. I won't hold you to it, but that just made this whole thing cheaper.

And yeah, I feel like an idiot for posting this thread without searching first.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
            X