No announcement yet.

E30 M30 swap starter problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so, took the angle grinder, grinded a bit, put it on, checked to see if i could turn engine with breaker bar, turned fine, tried to start it, doesn't spin and engine jams.

wat?

I repeated the last couple of steps several times, taking it off, turning with breaker bar, putting back on, turning with breaker bar, trying to start, turn with breaker bar and it'd be jammed.
    Last edited by Psygo; 02-01-2014, 06:57 AM.

Comment

i put it down on the ground, put it in gear and shook it HARD back and forth and it still wouldn't unjam itself, tried putting on my m70 starter again just to see what the hell it does, still just hits the flywheel and spins like crazy.

i'm starting to lean towards smashed flywheel teeth, but how would that jam it?
      Last edited by Psygo; 02-02-2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

if I find just a new block, an m30b35 or b34, would it work with the wiring harness I have now? or would I need to start messing with wires?

Comment

It should work with your original wiring for the I motor that was in your car assuming the b20 still ran motronic 1.3, right? If you can, pick up a b35, and the wiring will work. You'll just have to extend 2-3 wires and put the injector harness from your car into the plastic box the m30 injectors were in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Comment

well I have the wiring harness that was used on my b30, which is 1.3 motronic so I'm assuming it'll work with a b35?
            but not with a b34?

Comment

M1.3 will work on whatever you have the proper sensors for.

B34, B35, B30, it doesn't care as long as the proper inputs are there for the ECU.

FYI B35s came stock with M1.3, and B34s are commonly retrofitted to M1.3
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

well I guess I'll pick up this b34/b35 block, I'm not quite sure what it came out of right now, but I'll get it for cheap and I'm tired of this b30 pissing on me, I can use those parts for it surely.

let me fix that, not block, whole engine with gearbox and rear end and computer and stuff.

Comment

so the b35 ECU's gone lost, how will it run on the b30 ECU?

Comment

Should run fine as long ad it is a 179 ecu.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Comment

so took a look at all three flywheels, motherfucker put an m20 flywheel on there before selling me the "complete" e30 swap.

oh well, b35 time.

how well will it temporarily run on a 178 ecu?
                      Last edited by Psygo; 02-14-2014, 09:34 AM.

Comment

so I've solved this problem and the engine cranks now, but I'm getting no fuel or spark, any chance somebody could change the title or should I just create a new thread or how does this work?

Comment

Originally posted by Psygo View Post
                          so I've solved this problem and the engine cranks now, but I'm getting no fuel or spark, any chance somebody could change the title or should I just create a new thread or how does this work?
                          Start a new thread bud.
                          ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Working...
                          X