I am SOOOOOOO lost please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am SOOOOOOO lost please help

hey guys i am so lost with all this e30 m20 m30 E50 S50 stuff i have tried looking stuff up but still lost anyways I have a 1985 318i and the camshaft is grounded down and the number 2 cyclender is dead so i need a new motor and its hard to find a 318i motor around here so i wanted to know what other motors will fit in without too much work (new tranny wiring work so on) please let me know soon so i can start ripping the old dead motor out.

a 318 motor is the only thing that will fit without a new tranny, and your gonna get flamed so be ready
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

welcome
      i have a complete 318i motor like yours. this thing runs good but is a little dirty.
      i have pics if you would like to see it. say, $100 plus moderate shipping.
      PM me if you are interested :)

Comment

this is an m10 youre selling correct?
        just lookin out for sean
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

:up:

Search it up

You're gonna hear that alot if you don't do it.
          Recent Rebranding!!
          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
          E30 SM62/S62
          E30 M60 V8
          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
          Instagram.com/garageaholic
          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC
            this is an m10 youre selling correct?
            just lookin out for sean
            awe come on... j/k, yes, it is. easy plug and play.

Comment

ok ok so if i want to put in and old 325 motor i have to do almost as much work as putting in a mid 90's 325 motor correct?

Comment

I spun a rod bearing in my 85 318i. I was lucky to have a 84 325e parts car with a complete and good running drive line. Since the C101 plugs are the same (rectangular not round) It was a complete bolt on swap. Even with the fact that my 318i was manual and my 325e was automatic (sucks I know but being poor doesn't help)
                To install the m20 in my 318i I had to swap over engine with transmission (duh) radiator, shifter assy, drive shaft, rear differential. After getting a new timing belt, water pump, motor mounts, tranny mounts, tranny filter kit, pretty much a whole head gasket set less the head gasket, and some other m20 specific "freshening up" items I had almost $1k in it.

If you do not want to wire anything up then you will need to stick with the 84-85 325e engine with the rectangular c101 plug. If wiring doesn't bother you then you will be much happier with a m20b25 from a 325i, is 87-92.

Hope this helps,
                Steven

Comment

http://www.bimmerforums.com/engine_faq/ this will tell you a little about the different BMW engines.

Comment

Working...
                  X