o2 sensor bung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o2 sensor bung

Hey what's everyone doing about this in their m30 swap? I am using e34 downpipes and am trying to use the e30 exhaust system. Can I put an o2 bung in just one exhaust tube?

Have you made a purchase from www.blunttech.com recently?
    sigpic<< wrecked

Sure!

Mine was actually placed right in the collector where the two pipes join.
    ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Is that a collector under the heat shielding just behind where the downpipes start to bend upwards? If so ill do my best to put it there!

sigpic<< wrecked

Comment

Yes it is, think more like an x pipe. The exhaust shop cut my collector in half when they did my exhaust, so I just had one put in the side of my exhaust facing outwards.

Comment

In my swaps i always put it in the middle of the X pipe so it can sniff both cylinders 1-3 and 4-6 evenly.

The Build:
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Wherever you put it try to have it positioned between 9 and 3 oclock so it doesn't contact a lot of moisture like it would if it were placed near the bottom of a pipe.
            Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Cool. Ill have a look in the morning! Thanks felas

sigpic<< wrecked

Comment

For future reference, here's what a stock e30 o2 sensor bung looks like welded into e30 m30 downpipes... About 1/4" gap that needed to be filled because of the discrepancy in tubing size

sigpic<< wrecked

Comment

Originally posted by Red88 View Post
                  For future reference, here's what a stock e30 o2 sensor bung looks like welded into e30 m30 downpipes... About 1/4" gap that needed to be filled because of the discrepancy in tubing size
                  Err...

Is the sensor going to receive exhaust gas free flowing over it in that configuration?

Ideal location is directly in the gas path, not beside it.
                  ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

I do not know how well it flows. We cut about 1/2" across oval into both tubes. We used the bung from stock 325i downp

sigpic<< wrecked

Comment

Working...
                    X