Check engine light at WOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check engine light at WOT

Last night and this morning when I went WOT, the check engine light came on for a few seconds, and the fuel economy gauge stopped working and just sat on the left side (past 40). The only maintenance item I haven't changed is the 02 sensor. Other than that, I have no idea what it could be. The car runs just the same as always.

My fast says: traction control is for the faint of heart :evil:

hmm... Possibly your vehicle speed sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by Insanity
      hmm... Possibly your vehicle speed sensor?
      Nope, nothing wrong with the speedo. I'm pretty sure the problem is the fuel injectors now, though. The engine actually did cut out once after I posted. It felt like it hit a rev limiter at 5000. The injectors are probably all clogged up.

Comment

The speed sensor isn't what controls the speedometer. The speed sensor reads the speed off of the speedometer. It's a pretty ridiculous design, really, but most cars use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Insanity
          The speed sensor isn't what controls the speedometer. The speed sensor reads the speed off of the speedometer. It's a pretty ridiculous design, really, but most cars use it.
          Hmm...interesting. Well, the instrument panel does have some janky solder joints, I think. Getting a new one and swapping it in is on my to-do list for this spring.

Comment

Working...
          X