M30 water pump pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30 water pump pulley

When the water pump pulley is attached to the water pump how much space is there supposed to be between the pulley and the pump. In this picture there is the fan coupling that seems to attach between the pulley and the pump

When I have my hose on the pump and then bolt up the pulley the pulley actually rubs on the hose because the pulley sits so far back. Is there supposed to be a spacer in there between the pump and the pulley? I got my engine from a junk yard and there was not anything there, but mine didnt come with a fan either.

no spacer, do you have the pulley flipped the right direction?
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Hehe yeah. It leans back towards the water pump but it leans so far back that it actually rubs on the coolant hose. Maybe I have an extra thick coolant hose? Hmmm not sure what else it could be.

Comment

I know it was very close on my M30, is there enough room behind the hose you could use a zip tie to pull the hose back?
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

This is what mine looks like on my M30
          I have about a few millimeters to the hose. I see what you're saying azzkikr, But maybe you do have an extra big hose....
          Attached Files
          Recent Rebranding!!
          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
          E30 SM62/S62
          E30 M60 V8
          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
          Instagram.com/garageaholic
          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Thanks for the pic. That is exactly how mine is but just a little tighter. I am just going to "smooth down" the hose a little to make it fit :-)

Comment

Same here

Comment

Thanks for the great pics you guys. That is certainly a very tight fit. I wonder why they kept it so close like that. Must not have wanted to waste any space I guess. Crazy

Comment

Maybe BMW had a bad design??? just like they did on the 325e's having the lower radiator hose so close to the power steering pump belt.......just bad design i guess...
                  Recent Rebranding!!
                  Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                  E30 SM62/S62
                  E30 M60 V8
                  E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                  Instagram.com/garageaholic
                  Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Working...
                  X