Getrag 265/6 output flange swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getrag 265/6 output flange swap

Does anybody know if the output flange of a getrag 265/6 can be swapped with an e30 getrag 260 flange? The transmission is originally from an ~89 635csi. I know that if you have an e34 535i manual box (getrag 260/6) that the flange can be swapped with an e30 getrag 260/5 flange.

I bought a swap (supposedly was already swapped into an e30) with this transmission, but the driveshaft the guy gave me is for a small guibo (76mm) whereas the trans output flange is the big 96mm guibo. I have a spare getrag 260 so I am hoping that the output flange can be swapped over so I can use a complete e30 manual driveshaft for my swap.

If not I guess my only options are doing a revshift adapter guibo (I don't want an aluminum guibo so this would not be ideal) or find an e28 535i front driveshaft to match to my e30 rear driveshaft?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Yes it does, I just tested this last week using a g260 from an 89 535i, and putting that flange onto the splines of the g265, the splines are a match and it rides as needed.

People say they're worried and that "the bigger flex disc is there for a reason". I simply disagree, there are plenty of guys here running more power, with no problems.

Comment

Just what I was hoping to hear. I agree there are people running enough power to grenade cv shafts and twist driveshafts into pretzels with the small guibo so I'm not worried about it failing.

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
        Yes it does, I just tested this last week using a g260 from an 89 535i, and putting that flange onto the splines of the g265, the splines are a match and it rides as needed.

People say they're worried and that "the bigger flex disc is there for a reason". I simply disagree, there are plenty of guys here running more power, with no problems.
        What driveshaft did you end up using with the getrag 265 with small output flange?

Comment

not really sure yet I have 2 I can really go with; I have a drive shaft from a z3, although it may be a little short I can simply take the front end of an e36 325i drive shaft and change that.

I also have a 325i drive shaft mixed with a different front piece that I'm not aware of since it came off a preexisting swap.

Comment

For the record. None of those driveshafts worked LOL I'll let you know when I have a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
              For the record. None of those driveshafts worked LOL I'll let you know when I have a solution.
              Are you using the two-piece g260 or the 3 piece g265? I used a 323i driveshaft with flange swap w/ my g260 and garagistic mounts and it worked great. I just had to drill a 5/8" hole in the end of the driveshaft for the longer output shaft to stick into.
              Originally posted by Japandrew73
              I'm not going to be "cutting up" the subframe, I'm going to be notching it
              '92 335ic Alpinweiss II/Indigo
              '79 323i Arktisblau Euro

Comment

I redrilled the garagistic mounts for position 3.5, so it's a bit different there...I am looking for something between. 51-54 inches in length.

Build thread in sig, of course it's a g265 ;)

Comment

Working...
                X