Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

engine is trying to run counter clockwise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine is trying to run counter clockwise.

I have a m20b25, stock, teh head was rebuilt. It is having trouble now. Once it does start it seems to run well above 3k rpm, but below that its terrible.

My car wont start with the starter (on the rare occasion it will grumble to life). It will fire if i get rolling down a nice hill and bump start it, but it runs like total crap. little if any throttle responce below 3k, and it wont idle very well at all.

when i try to start it with the key it sometimes, acts like there is no fuel and/or spark. Sometimes it grumbles a bit, and sometimes it accually tries to rotate counterclockwise....

What could cause these symptoms?

It seems like extremely advanced and/or eratic ignition timing would do it, but i dont know how that could happen.... What do you guys think?

I have tried over-riding the starter, and tried starting it in the run position, rather than start to make sure it didnt have to do with teh start position on the key. and it didnt.

Thanks guys for the imput.

Russell
    1987 325is
    1992 240sx coupe
    1994 525i

timing belt is off, check the cam timing again.

Unlimited Slip Diff's FTW!
    1972 240z Drift,Scca BSP, Scca ITS Car.

Comment

it has been checked and rechecked, by me and a mechanic.

Russell
      1987 325is
      1992 240sx coupe
      1994 525i

Comment

are you running the stock fuel management system?
        if the timing belt was off, serious issues with pistons tapping the valves... and it wouldnt run properly above 3k rpm anyways. so i doubt its the belt timing.

Comment

yea, stock everything. cept blaster coil, and IE plug wires.

Russell
          1987 325is
          1992 240sx coupe
          1994 525i

Comment

Working...
          X