trouble installing trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trouble installing trans

So I'm working on putting my transmission in and it doesn't want to go all the way in up to the block. It gets within an inch or two but then it's like something is blocking it from going any further. I've been shaking the crap out of it for a couple hours with no progress. It's very frustrating. Any tips or hints will be greatly appreciated.

And on a side note I'm putting it in from the bottom with the motor in the bay already. Not ideal but my basement garage has a very low ceiling and I can't install them connected.

did you align the clutch disc using the tool? It needs to be basically perfect or the trans won't go in. Also, grease the end of the trans input shaft so that it slides into the pilot bearing better.
    cars beep boop

Comment

also try "twerking" the guibo back and forth while you're trying to push the trans on, sometimes the input shaft won't rotate to match the splines of the clutch without some help

Comment

Yeah I greased the splines. My new clutch didn't come with an alignment tool. But eyeballing it looked pretty damn centered. Oh well, I guess I'll adjust it a little more and try again, (i.e. shake it and cuss alot). I just want to drive my freaking car again.

Comment

eyeballing won't do it. It needs to be dead center.
          cars beep boop

Comment

Ideas on where to order one?

Comment

i'm kinda surprised the clutch kit didn't come with an alignment tool, you really need one to do the job

Comment

Originally posted by kusserwagon View Post
                Ideas on where to order one?
                I know Turner sells them, but yeah, it is surprising the clutch didn't come with one. Any local parts shop should be able to get you one.
                $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

Working...
                X