Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M30 Swap with Auto Harness...trouble brewing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30 Swap with Auto Harness...trouble brewing.

Long story short.
    Previous owner of my M30b35 engine had a auto to manual conversion done in his E34.

He kept the automatic wire harness on his B35.

I purchased the M30b35 engine from him, along with all essentials which encompassed the modification that allows the 5spd manual to work with the automatic harness.

here's where i'm at.

I've kept the M30b35 harness on the engine, and am using this on my 1990 Bmw E30 325.

There is the diagnostics plug, however there are TWO c101 plugs. I am unsure as to which goes where.
    There are MANY extra plugs on this harness, which seems to muddle up the engine bay..extra fuel pump/main relay on rack, etc etc.

would it be worthwhile to simply delete the entire M30b35 harness and source a M20b25 harness and start fresh?
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Personally I found the m20b25 harness very easy to work with on my swap. But if the e34 harness has been converted to manual, it should still be plug-and-play. It's just a matter of figuring where all those plugs go. I'm not familiar with the auto e34 harness though, so I'm afraid I wont be of much help :/

Comment

I think the biggest WTF is the dual C101's.
      but you're right...it ran flawlessly in the e34 with the 5spd conversion, there's no reason why I can't mimick that in my e30.

I'll try this for another week or so, and if I can't get anymore feedback from ppl who have used a auto harness, t i'm gonna go M20b25 harness.

it'll also look much cleaner.

Comment

Here are my C101 options...the two tops are off the harness and bottom is the e30 m20. None fit.
        Not pictured is the diagnostics C101.

please note the lack of PINS in either plug.

Comment

Working...
        X