Ac with b35 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ac with b35 swap

I've been running my b35 for over 2 years with no problems other than things I should have replaced from the start. Given the 100 degree down here in Texas, ac is looking really good since I daily my e30. What setups have you guys used? I'm essentially having to start from scratch, but I want to throw in a few goodies too such as a parallel flow condenser and a better compressor if there is one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Depending on what your car started out with originally (m10, m20, etc) you can likely run a stock system.

If your car was m20, just hook everything back up. You'll need to use the m30 compressor bracket and do a little bit of grinding/clearancing to allow the m20 compressor to fit, but it will bolt up. Then measure for a new belt (somewhere around 385mm IIRC) and you're good to go.

You can certainly install a parallel-slow condenser at the same time if you're planning on going to r134a; it will help. You'll also need to change out all of the o-rings, the receiver/dryer, and pull a total system vacuum to eliminate all water/r12/oil before charging with r134a.

See my thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169097
    Last edited by CorvallisBMW; 09-15-2015, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the info. I picked up the ac lines out of an m10 coupe today, and those are gonna get rebuilt alone with new dryer, pressure switch, and o rings. I also got a b35 ac bracket, and have been looking on mye28 for info as well. Supposedly there's a retro fit bracket to run a seltec/sanden compressor but I'll probably make my own.

Comment

Do you have a way to get r12?
        or are you converting the lines?

Comment

Converting. There aren't any ac components under my hood so I have to basically get new everything.

Comment

Working...
          X