Getrag 260

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getrag 260

Have a chance to pick up an m30 for a good price so trying to get some information. From what I've been able to find I'm still unsure about whether the g260 from an m20 fits the m30. Any answer would be greatly appreciated!

From my understanding, it won't fit but the transmission from an m10 will.
    Instagram: @derkm

Comment

The g240 off the m10 has been holding for me. 2.93lsd stage 3 clutch and stock m10 flywheel.

Cheap setup too.

Comment

If you're going for a Getrag 260, it needs to be from an M30 powered e28 or e34.

A Getrag 265 from an e24, e28 or e30 M3 works too.

Search is probably your friend here though... has been answered many, many times.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

A transmission from an m20 will not fit an m30.

The bolt patterns are different.
          ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

we ran a G260/6 from an e28 with our M30 swapped chump car.

I think it would work fine for a street car.....for an endurance race car, not so much.

-Chris

Comment

m10 trans will fit - i've heard they can be weak, but i don't know anyones' who's gone kaboom. Im using a 5 speed from an e34.

Buy Frank's guide - its worth it if you plan go do down this long road.

Comment

Working...
              X