What is a guy to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a guy to do?

Long story short, i picked up an 84 318i for 'the right price', the boss has a B34 that runs and all i gotta do is pull the motor and its mine, he also gave me a B35 that has a blown head gasket but has been sitting for YEARS..

So the question at hand is, do I use the B34 or rebuild the B35? im leaning towards the B34, but i dont really wanna turbo, so then i lean towards the B35 cause of the higher output of it, plus i cant really find anyone that makes B34 motor mounts for the E30..or should i just find a good B35 for cheap and use that?

HELP!

There are a few sources for e30 m30 mounts - most will run you about $200-$300. They are kinda a PITA to make, so hence the price. If you have a welder friend, it's a DIY option.

M30's are really all about the TQ curve. So b35 or b34, it's almost the same. People talk way too much about peak HP numbers, when for a street car, a flat TQ curve is way more fun (to me at least). I can (and offten do) start out in second gear in my e30m30b35 car, and carry it to ~60 MPH.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Well either way you look at it the m30 swap will definitely put a smile on your face regardless but, if it was up to me I would swap the b35 electronics over to the b34. I used Q-Bang m30b34 mounts and could not be happier. The car is a lot of fun with the 3.73 in the back

Comment

B34, yes you'll want turbo :)

Comment

im assuming Q-bang is a member on here? what about header fitment? i read that garagistic work IE's, sometimes. what about the B34?

my plan was/is to take all the goodies from the B35 and put them on the B34..i have a 55 pin harness from an 88 528e AT

i think im just going to pop the B34 head off and get some work done to it.. maybe try to find some Euro HC pistons for it.

Comment

E30de. Makes B34 mounts.
            = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Sweet! found them! i remeber reading that it can take a few month to get the mounts, is that still true?

Comment

I think it depends how busy Tino is and whether he has some already in stock or has to have them fabricated.

I ordered B35 mounts from e30.de and they took 1 month to arrive in Australia. Postage from Germany to Australia is normally about 2 weeks, so overall I was happy with the speed of shipment.

Fitment of their mounts is perfect, and they're really well made.

Here's a pic of one of their B35 mounts from my swap (pretty sure the inlet side is the same on both B34 and B35).

Last edited by lukeADE335i; 02-26-2016, 11:38 PM. Reason: added pic
                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

If you decide to go B34 I have a set of the Qbang motor mounts. I switched to the e30.de mounts. The qbang mounts will put the engine a little further back, which is good for weight distribution and if you ever want to change the damn distributor cap...

PM me if your interested in buying em.
                  89 325i: 86 535i motor+trans, JE forged pistons, MLS head gasket, ARP head studs, Comp turbo, GoodNTight b34 turbo manifold, e30.de motor mounts, AKG 75D engine/trans mounts, custom 3" exhaust, intercooler, MS2PNP, Megan Racing Coilovers.

Comment

yeah im going to go with the B34, i pulled the B35 apart and was FULL of water..

why did you decided to go with the e30.de mounts over the Qbang ones? i saw that e30.de have mounts that work with headers...

does Qbangs work with headers?

Comment

Do you have the link for the e30.de b34 mounts? I cannot seem to find them. I get a 404 when I click on the link swap instructions. http://www.e30.de/335i/19.htm
                      m106 1990 e30
                      e36 daily
                      e32 cruiser

Comment

it took me forever and still not sure if these are the mounts people are talking about..Mounts

you should also check out 300mm.de as well, talks more about the mounts and also their brake adapters that let run 310mm rotors...

Comment

Thanks!
                          m106 1990 e30
                          e36 daily
                          e32 cruiser

Comment

I believe they are the mount's people are talking about since the email I got today after ordering them is from Tino.
                            m106 1990 e30
                            e36 daily
                            e32 cruiser

Comment

So im running into a bit of a problem..i cant find a 325i/e driveshaft local.

Do people have good luck running the e28/e30 combo? i have access to an e34 and e28 drive shafts..

Awesome! glad to know the mounts!

Comment

Working...
                              X