e30 m30b34 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 m30b34 swap

Well ladies and gentlemen, a buddy and I have been doing m30b34 swap in my e30 for a few weeks now. It's been one step forward and two steps back the entire time. The issue that I'm having now is the drive shaft (front half of e28 and rear half of my 86 325es) Is not cooperating. It's to long and pushes everything forward about an inch and a half too far. I also am having trouble getting fuel and spark. Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, PK

Note: donor car was a 86 635csi

I was going to leave a snarky comment because this was posted in the wrong forum, but your post is so polite that I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Anyway, I have no idea.
    1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Well thanks for not bei g a dick lol. I'm completely avoiding the Facebook r3v because of that exact reason and I truly need help.

Comment

Will probably have to end up shortening drive shaft. Thats what i did. Also what position is the motor in that could have an affect. What engine management are you running?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I used the exact same setup you had for driveshaft on my M30 swap, and faced the same problem, and ended up being the position of the engine.
          what mounts are you using?

as for no spark, it could very well just be the usual E30 M20/M30 traditional issues.
          Originally posted by flyboyx
          i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

A common problem with no spark is the Crank sensor and ignition coil wires are backwards. They have the same style connector.

Comment

Working...
            X