M43 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 Swap

Anyone here familiar with the EWS on M43 engines?
    Having a bit of bother here, I got my hands on a low mileage M43, quite cheap.
    Did a little bit of research first, to find out if there was any kind of immobilizer on these engines, found a few forum posts and they all said immobilizers didn't come to the M43 until late 1997 early 1998, so I thought mine being from 1996 wouldn't have that.
    Wrong I was, when the time to fire it up came, it didn't fire. I learned that it indeed had EWS 2, and since there's no EWS module on the car, there's nothing to sync it up against either.
    I can't get a response from the DME via the Carsoft 6.5 diagnostic either, so the China EWS Emulator I ordered won't really help either, I need a response from the DME to know the "ISN" number. Which I can't get.

Got my hands on a DME from a M43 1.6 '94, although I have a 1.8 I knew it would work since EWS 2 didn't come until '95.
    What I didn't know however, was how rough it would run, and probably rich as well.
    It runs at high idle, around 1300rpm and sputters. It runs fine on load, but when it reaches operating temperature it still runs at 1300rpm but drops to 800 occasionally.

Anyone familiar here with removing EWS via EEPROM?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Anyone? :(

Comment

Working...
    X