No announcement yet.

Want to do an M30 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds really good and it hauls ass. M30 turbo FTMFW!!!!!!!!
    Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Only going to get faster. :)

Intercooler ftwzz!!!!

Comment

Sounds great, and looks like its pulling hard! Booooooost!
        ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm so happy with it so far... I'm still having trouble getting the idle nice and smooth though but other than that its a rocket. Calling the megasquirt experts!
          '86 E30
          '05 E53 X5
          '72 Firebird
          '10 Prius
          '03 Tundra

Comment

wow, that's too cool. How much PSI are you running?

Comment

7 right now, I'd like to get 10-12
              '86 E30
              '05 E53 X5
              '72 Firebird
              '10 Prius
              '03 Tundra

Comment

Bi-weekly update:

Added Sequential BOV, Boost Controller (set to 11ish), Relocate Air Filter, Still no I/C :(

'86 E30
                '05 E53 X5
                '72 Firebird
                '10 Prius
                '03 Tundra

Comment

Alive Again

Thought I'd post a couple pictures of my new setup. Any advice or critism is welcome, I wouldn't call it "complete", but it's almost there. Hopefully this can give others a few ideas also.

Big thanks to lowrevvin btw for all of his megasquirt help.

Few additions here and there, 8mm Wires from IE, Not so cold Intake (thinkin about running it under the car with some type of water shield)
                  Getting ready to install an ICV soon, still dont use a TPS.

Almost Forgot... Upgraded 745i Turbo from ecartoys. This turbo is awesome! No more lag and pulls hard all the way up. David from ecartoys was extremely helpful and answered any question I had. Highly recommended.

Oil Line pipe dream. Believe it or not it doesn't leak. Looking at it now I see all the ways I could've done it better, but those were the things I had a the time. Need to pull the blower cover off to remove the sender :(

Another shot of the turbo, 2"-2.5" Silicon elbow, 2.5" tubing to intercooler. Intake is 2.75"

M3 Bumper/Spoiler, doesn't really have anything to do with the swap. Not sure if I want to make it work or not.

VDO Water Temp, Oil Pres, Boost, and Volts. Idling.

AEM AFR Gauge, idling a little lean right now for some reason.

Here is one of my logs, 2nd-3rd gear pull. TP doesn't work so mind the purple line. 88kpa is atmospheric here in victorville.

Video's to come...

'86 E30
                  '05 E53 X5
                  '72 Firebird
                  '10 Prius
                  '03 Tundra

Comment

What was your idle rpm? It might help if you keep your idle cells
                    separated from your driving cells.

For example: if your idle ever goes over
                    900-rpms it'll take a % out of the 1200-rpm cell.

So if you've changed the 1200-rpm row VE value, it'll fuck with your idle
                    values.... and that's probably why it's alittle leaner right now.
                    Maybe set your 900 row to 1000 so you can box in your idle VE.

and set idle advance, it should be steady. If you had a tps you can set
                    those cells to like 15* for a smoother take-off, but still have 20* at idle.
                    Your advance in the idle area is kinda twitchy looking.

Comment

I will give that a shot. It likes to idle lean after it's already warm and then sits for a while. But after a few minutes it goes back to 13-14 area.

I'm having the ICV components installed in my MS soon so hopefully that should help a ton.
                      '86 E30
                      '05 E53 X5
                      '72 Firebird
                      '10 Prius
                      '03 Tundra

Comment

Awsome swap bro looks great maybe i will do that once i get some funds

Comment

WTF happened to this?! I just realized this is from almost 3 years ago but this is an awesome thread that shouldn't have died... Lots of incredible info on here. I'm looking at an e34 m30 swap pretty soon hopefully.
                          sigpic

Originally posted by whiltebeitel
                          Has anyone told you your car sounds like secks? Big, manly, hairy sex, that is. None of that wussy romantic "making love" crap, either.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X