easy swap in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easy swap in

What is the easiest motor to swap into a 318 is ? And Why ?
    sigpic I HATE SPEED BUMPS !!!!!

easiest 6cyl motor ?
    sigpic I HATE SPEED BUMPS !!!!!

Comment

There's not really any easy answer for this question... You are starting off with an M42 engine, so you will need to find a transmission and wiring harness for your swap, as well as (possibly) a driveshaft. You will likely need mounts, and depending on what you swap in, custom mounts.

All of that aside, just like any other E30 chassis, you have a bunch of choices. You could "upgrade" to an M20, maybe stroke it or turbocharge it. You could do the ever more popular 24v swap, or you could get away with an M30 swap (period correct hotrod ).

Once you decide what engine you'd like you should be able to find plenty of specific info for everything you are going to do.
      '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

You have the transmission and radiator most suited for an M50 swap. Motor mounts from an E36, engine from a E34. Should put about 165ish on the ground.

Or, buy the supercharger kit for your car from Downing/Atlanta...like $4K, but a fairly straightforward bolt in job.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
        X