Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well this is a piss off!

hey m30 guru's....

ok so i completed my swap about 2 months ago. car felt amazing....was sooo proud of it and how far the cars come....untill one night when i started her up something in the bellhousing was making a subtle clunking noise...decided to gamble and drive it to work the next day....nope!

I was at a light, went to go throw er in first and she fought back, got me pretty worried so i tried geting it in any gear and no such luck...turned the car off i could pop it in any gear...so something clutch related...fuck.

specs of the car are as follows...m30b35, getrag 260/6, engine position 2...

now i know some of you guys have already had to pull the tranny for various reasons(rear main possible leakage..and so on)

long story short i need to pull my tranny to see whats up, can i do it without dropping the whole driveline???? whats the best way...im using a 2 post so no prob's there

HELP! ive got idears but i need some light from the more knoledgable!!!
    M stands for Money:hitler:

Could be as simple as the master or slave cylinder, but that probably wouldn't explain the noise... My next assumption would be the fork or throw out bearing. Better open it up! That sucks man...
    '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_adam69 View Post
      hey m30 guru's....

ok so i completed my swap about 2 months ago. car felt amazing....was sooo proud of it and how far the cars come....untill one night when i started her up something in the bellhousing was making a subtle clunking noise...decided to gamble and drive it to work the next day....nope!

I was at a light, went to go throw er in first and she fought back, got me pretty worried so i tried geting it in any gear and no such luck...turned the car off i could pop it in any gear...so something clutch related...fuck.

specs of the car are as follows...m30b35, getrag 260/6, engine position 2...

now i know some of you guys have already had to pull the tranny for various reasons(rear main possible leakage..and so on)

long story short i need to pull my tranny to see whats up, can i do it without dropping the whole driveline???? whats the best way...im using a 2 post so no prob's there

HELP! ive got idears but i need some light from the more knoledgable!!!
      Will it go into gear with the engine off?
      Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
      That Guy.
      03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

sounds like clutch bolts backed out, may even have one rattling around in there as well.

join the E30 Cabrio owners gruppe
        click here for details

Comment

little update...something quite weird..

i had to move the car at the shop the other day and descided to fire it up for the first time in a month, fired rigtht up! yay

lots of clunking from the bell housing as usuall and then went away....

thought it be worth a shot to throw her into first......IT WENT! drove her around the shop a couple a times on a sunny hot day

little you guys dont know is there's a mustang shop in the complex haha

they bet me i couldnt even break the tires loose....just began turning around to come back up to the shop, hammer on the throttle and WAM!
          full smoke show, heel toe on the breaks great little burn infront of these guys....

which in turn makes me want my car back and i never shouldve done it!!!!

especially when the cars in the state that its in.....i know....i just dont like mustangs!!!!!!!lol

looking at the clearances between the tranny tunnel and tranny are making me beleive it's possible to pull the tranny without pulling the driveline.....
          M stands for Money:hitler:

Comment

So was that Muttstank shop the one off of Fruit Valley road?

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

yes it's possible but it's a pain in the ass!!! but if you want take the exhaust down, at least from the downpipes back, take the dirt shield off, take loose the drive shaft carrier bearing, take loose the tranny mount from the body.....then to get to the tricky bolts on the top of the tranny you will need an extension about as long as the distance from the head of the bolt to the ouput shaft on the tranny.....pull down on back of tranny and fight with socket until it sits COMPLETELY on the bolt you break loose those top bolts....the others are easy.....it's almost easier just to pull the motor and tranny and then go to work
              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01188.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	7107300 easy
              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01177.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	7107301 not so easy

Comment

Working...