No announcement yet.

M30 Swap - Electrical Gremlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for bumping this thread back up, but i'm having the same problem...Only thing is I am using the harness my car originally came with on my m30 so i find it werid.. The blk/grn wire is there and connected..Is there anything else i need to do with it? My starter only has 3 terminals.

If it matters the motor is a b34 but converted it to m1.3 electronics so thats why I was able reuse my wiring harness.

Chassis is a 3/88 325is.

Comment

Hey I have done a few m30 swaps and I have found out that if you have a e30 that is dated after facelift the wires dont like each other if you use a big block wiring harness. There is a pin 20 (yellow/red wire) in the fuse box side that gives a lot of people headaches. So what I am trying to tell you is us the the e30 wiring harness on the the big block and all is well.
      Big Mike Hunter
      BMW Enthusiast
      Not2Close Motorsports

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Not2C...35086986557277

Comment

See post #13. You have to run wire from C101 terminal 15 to the grn/blk on starter.
        sigpic
        Winner - Best Engine, Bimmercruise 2010
        Runner Up - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2010
        Winner - Best Cabrio, Trillium @ Tedfest 2011
        Winner - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2011
        www.vertnation.com
        My car in Berlin Klassic promo video

Comment

Mine was having the same issues. I went through all the wiring and it seemed like it was good. Tested all the grounds and everything. Ended up figuring out that the relay under the dash was the wrong one, someone stuffed a 4 prong relay instead of a 5 prong one. So the center white and black wire didn't get a connection. Pulled one out of one my parts boxes and it works! Finally everything is back up and running!
          Originally posted by IRON-E
          Skirtz are for zeh womenzzzz....

Comment

Working...
          X