My M30 Swap, harness question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My M30 Swap, harness question...

Hey guys, all parts on the way to drop the engine in, so it goes in next weekend...

Heres the deal...

Im dropping in a Euro m30b34 from an e23 735i and its going into an 86 e30 325e

I have both complete harnesses, and I know there is alot of back and forth over which one people use, so from what I've read I should use the e23 harness and splice it into the e30 connector. So should I keep any parts of the old harness around besides the (c101?) connector. Im not going to trash it, but its still connected in the engine bay and I'd like to get the bay cleaned up as much as possible before we drop the engine in...any help is appreciated, thanks! -Dylan
    sigpic
    2001 330i - In the garage.
    1986 335is - 325e with Euro 735 M30B34, Under Construction.
    1989 E30 ///M3 - Sold.
    1975 2002 - Sold.

Originally posted by De //m3 View Post
    Hey guys, all parts on the way to drop the engine in, so it goes in next weekend...

Heres the deal...

Im dropping in a Euro m30b34 from an e23 735i and its going into an 86 e30 325e

I have both complete harnesses, and I know there is alot of back and forth over which one people use, so from what I've read I should use the e23 harness and splice it into the e30 connector. So should I keep any parts of the old harness around besides the (c101?) connector. Im not going to trash it, but its still connected in the engine bay and I'd like to get the bay cleaned up as much as possible before we drop the engine in...any help is appreciated, thanks! -Dylan
    You should have just left the engine harness on the old engine when you pulled it out IMO.

Don't quote me on this, but I think you can use your m20's engine harness on the m30. Also If it makes you feel any better if the e23 was an auto you can use the auto harness (don't be scared there will just be lots of wires left over)
    ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Would have pulled the harness, but I bought the car with no engine, the PO just left the harness in there...The e23 I got complete with manual transmission, so I do have the manual wiring harness there...My plan is to use the e23 hanress and get some new pins to connect it to the e30 connector.
      sigpic
      1989 E30 ///M3 - Sold.
      1975 2002 - Sold.

Comment

Originally posted by De //m3 View Post
        Would have pulled the harness, but I bought the car with no engine, the PO just left the harness in there...The e23 I got complete with manual transmission, so I do have the manual wiring harness there...My plan is to use the e23 hanress and get some new pins to connect it to the e30 connector.
        Sounds like a good plan to use the m30's harness.
        ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Cool, just looking for confiramtion on that one...Got the rest of the harness/ECU form the M20 out today, and my Funkmasta brackets and Urethane engine and tranny mounts are "out for delivery" so should be able to get the engine in Saturday morning...
          sigpic
          1989 E30 ///M3 - Sold.
          1975 2002 - Sold.

Comment

Working...
          X