Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'89 m30 into '89 318i c101, c104 wiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'89 m30 into '89 318i c101, c104 wiring.

I know its been covered heaps of times but I can't find the info for some reason?!

Can anyone lead me to a good thread or site that shows the pin locations through the c101 and c104. other than Jared Squires, and e30 tuning seite.

I know that most of the wires I can just match the colors but I'm unsure through the c104?

Yep, this is going to be my second m30 swap, though this time instead of the crappy square l-jet plug on my '84, I'm kicking it up a notch with round motronic plug on an auto '89 e30.
    ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

also interested
    '89 335is +turbo

Comment

Check www.m535i.org. In the E28 FAQ / electronics section he spells out the pin colors and locations for a Motronic E28 and they turned out to be the same at the round E30 plug I used to make my adapter... I know this is a roundabout way of doing it but it worked for me.

As for C104, if the number and color of the wires are the same you just go green to green, black to black, white to white, etc. I had a bad obc relay in my 6 so I had to run power straight to my ECU since the green C104 wire was not getting any voltage like it should. That said, the green wire is the important one there since it will prevent the car from starting. The black wire should be the tach signal, and one of the others is for the fuel economy gauge.
      '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

From link you provided euroshark, Thankyou so much.

E28
        Pin 1, BU goes to alternator. Goes to alternator "charge indicator" light in instrument cluster.
        Pin 2, BU/VI or BU/RD static oil level sender unit. Goes to static oil level light in the active check control unit.
        Pin 4, BR/WH Coolant temp sensor driver wire. Runs to coolant temp gauge in instrument cluster.
        Pin 6, GN/YL goes to the O2 sensor heater relay. Gets power from fuse 6 and in the fuse box is colored GN/WH.
        Pin 7, GN/VI gets power from Pin 87 of Fuel Pump Relay and goes to fuse 1 in the fuse box.
        Pin 8, BK/YL Starter trigger wire comes from the ignition key.
        Pin 9, Not used
        Pin 10, WH/BK To Diagnostic connector Pin 6. Said to be "not used".
        Pin 12, GN Powers the coil from fuse 1 of fuse box
        Pin 13, BU/WH Dynamic oil level sender unit. Goes to oil level light in active check control unit.
        Pin 14, BR/GN Oil Pressure switch. Runs to oil pressure light in instrument cluster.
        Pin 15, WH/BU Service indicator to Diagnostic connector.
        Pin 16, GN Is the same as the GN wire in Pin 12 and is actually spliced together with the wire from Pin 12 at S127
        Pin 17, GN/VI To Fuel pump relay through splice S128

E34 uses a round style connector to plug into the fuse box. This has 20 pins so I will list what the wires in each of those do.
        Pin 1, BU goes to the alternator. Comes from the Instrument Cluster "charge indicator" light. BU in the fuse box.
        Pin 2, GN/YL comes from oil lever sensor. It is BU/BK in the fuse box and runs to the static oil level active check control unit, which is the same as the oil level light.
        Pin 4, BR/VI comes from the coolant temp sender unit. It is BR/VI in the fuse box and goes to the Instrument cluster temp gauge.
        Pin 5, BR/GN Oil pressure switch. Runs to instrument cluster oil pressure light.
        Pin 6, GN/WH goes to the O2 sensor heater relay. Gets power from fuse 9 and in the fuse box is colored GN/YL.
        Pin 7, GN comes from the ignition switch and goes to the Start Input, in the motronic unit and it also goes to Pin 15 on the coil. In the fuse box it is colored GN.
        Pin 8, WH/BK comes from the motronic unit "present fuel rate output". Is YL/WH in fuse box and runs to Fuel Economy Gauge in the bottom of the tach.
        Pin 9, BK goes to the ECU Engine speed output. This is BK in the fuse box. On the E28 this actually should be the connected in C103.
        Pin 10, BU comes from the oil level sensor. It is VI/GN in the fuse box and goes to the active check control unit as the dynamic oil level light.
        Pin 11, WH/GN comes from Pin 7 of the diagnostic connector. Is WH/BU in the fuse box and goes to the Service Indicator Processor.
        Pin 12, GY comes from the ECU and is the trigger for the "Check Engine" light control. In the fuse box it is BR/BK. This wire is not used on the E28, since there is no check engine light.
        Pin 13, GN/VI comes from Pin 87 of fuel pump relay. Is VI/RD in fuse box and runs to Fuse 11.
        Pin 14, BK/WH comes from motronic unit "Speed Signal Input". Is BU/YL in fuse box and goes to the Speed Input of the Instrument Cluster.
        Pin 15, BK/GN comes from Pin 30h on the coil. In the fuse box it is BK/GN and runs to the unloader relays.
        Pin 16, WH/BK comes from Pin 6 of diagnostic connector and is used in the SRS system. In the fuse box it is WH/BK and is said to be not used.
        Pin 18, BK/YL is the starter trigger and comes from in the car. It is also BK/YL in the fuse box. It also runs to Pin 11 of the diagnostic connector.
        Pin 20, RD/YL comes from Pin 87 of the main relay. It is RD/YL and goes to power the ABS Hydraulic Unit.

I believe that the rest of the plugs aren't used.

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

That's the stuff! Everything on the "E34" part above matched my E30 plug, so I imagine you should be able to use most of that info for your swap. Let us know how it goes!

Comment

that is the exact info i ended up having to use to do my 87 635 to 85 325e some things matched and i just hoped for the best!

Ian there is a 6er missing from your sig???? what gives?

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

There is one missing! I just took it out to unclutter it a little... it makes the "FOR SALE" next to my 535is stand out a bit more! Plus I think I'm gonna give that shell to my dad for his birthday. His '78 is rotting slowly so I'm gonna help him build a nice 6.

The 5 is going as well as the Alfa and something way too cool is filling the void... It's super secret but you guys will see it pretty soon. It's so damn cool my gold 6 series is going to take over summer driver duty.

Hint: It's a BMW. :razz:
              Last edited by euroshark; 01-25-2009, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post

Hint: It's a BMW. :razz:
                lol, get an m535i e12!

Comment

It's even cooler than that, and just a few years newer.

Comment

oh i am very excited!

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Working...
                    X