Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K-Swap by Touge Factory (not afilliated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-Swap by Touge Factory (not afilliated)

This video just dropped from Hoonigan Autofocus today. It's pretty informative on how easy the K-Swap can be. I'd love to hear people's feedback.

Here's the link for the company... https://www.tf-works.com/

The Company says that their K-Swap (internal mods unknown) makes about 210WHP using a stock G260.

They got their long blocks with harness for $850 under 100KMs on the engine.

They didn't specify the cost of the rest of the swap.

Interesting thing to note, they used a volvo electric power steering pump.
    Paynemw
    1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
    the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
    1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

I am doing a k swap on my e30, but I decided to go with Kpower's kit. It is pricey, but well made

Comment

The swap is probably somewhere in the $3k range.

A proper K24 = ~$1000
      Fluids, accessories, intake & exhaust manifolds/headers = $1000
      Oil Pan = $1000

This KPower kit is $4800 ish

I have a feeling these kits will go down in price as people start sourcing more optional parts, or more people buy them. I'm not sure of the average price of a LS swap, but I've heard those can get up to $10k
      Paynemw
      1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
      the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
      1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

There are a lot of little parts as well. Like with the kpower manifold (which TF is using in the pics), you have to relocate the brake fluid reservoir. Then you have the tuning. Kpower makes a harness so that you don't have to splice wires (which Ive done before and you always seem to end up tracking down issues with it). Im not saying it can't be done for less than the kpower, but in my experience the less I have to custom make the better!!

I am really glad to see multiple companies making swap kits though. I think it is a win for everyone

Comment

I have an eta in my backyard that I really want to K swap at some point. Would be diametrically opposed to my SBF swapped 88 325i but I think it'd be a blast.

Comment

Working...
          X