M30 AFM cold air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30 AFM cold air intake

Anyone using a cold air intake like Kamotors! I can not find the plastic adapter to use for the cold air intake. This is the side where the air flows into. The M20 has a square shape and the m30 has a rectangular shape. I have Googled but keep coming up with m20.

A lot of people use the stock e34 air box due to it having a very neat, inbuilt heat shield for the exhaust. You can get a K&N panel filter for the e34 airbox if you're looking for a washable filter, and run a duct from the front of the airbox to some cold air if you want. On the e30 the inlet sits right behind the headlight anyway, so not sure many people bother as there's some airflow there from the front of the car.

Because the inlet is on the exhaust side of the engine, any CAI if not set up properly is going to suffer from heat issues due to how close it is to the exhaust manifold.
    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Actually found on Ebay an Porsche 944 83-87 Short Intake Air Bracket by 9xauto. It needed to be modified to make the opening larger and drill another two holes. I can now use KAmotors intake.

Comment

Sounds good - just be sure to shield the exhaust somehow so the inlet doesn't heat up.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
        X