charcoal canister?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charcoal canister?

I have been trying to run down my random rough running and stalling issue. My ICV is bad (30 years of use for a single part is impressive) while I was looking around I noticed a hose from the intake had a bolt screwed into it. I found out it goes to the charcoal canister that is missing from my car. i see the cut fuel vent hose. its open. i don't smell gas or fumes. The canister was removed by the PO for a M50 swap is my guess and when I had the M42 swap in by a shop they must have decided to not install one. could this play a role with my sometimes rough idle or stalling after the car is warm?

Probably not an issue. There is a valve in line that opens under certain conditions and vents fuel vapor in to the intake tract. If deleted, the downside would be fuel vapor smell from the vent system of the fuel supply. If you smell no fuel when the tank is full and it's a hot day the line is either disconnected of plugged downstream from the engine bay.

OTOH, if the line going to the intake is open on either side of the valve and especially if the valve is defective, you could have a vac leak.

Comment

Working...
    X