Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metric Mechanic 2.1 Fi M42 Sell or Keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metric Mechanic 2.1 Fi M42 Sell or Keep?

Hello,

Looking for some input on if I should sell my MM M42 2.1 Fi. I recently got the head fully rebuilt and welded after it had a crack in it. This set me back 3,xxx$ from metric and the engine has had all the work done to it there with plenty of documentation on the work done. When I most recently got it redone they had also converted it to hydraulic lifters. So, I'm at a crossroads of wanting to put it back together get it running, then post the engine for sale. The engine has about 7-9k miles on it. The odometer broke about 2k miles ago when I purchased the car in Dec 2021. The car has been tuned by Bootleg Tuning and has been on a link stand-alone ecu. The reason for selling it would be so I can start drifting the car with a regular m42 and let it blow up and throw a new one in for 200$. I feel like if something breaks in the future it's going to be very expensive again and I'm in college so this was a lot of money for me and I dont want to drive the car like a granny.

What should I post the engine for?
    Should I just keep it in there?
    I'm all over the place...

There's not many people who have these and I've only been able to find 1 guy with the rally version.

Pics below

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'd try to find another 318i/is (ideally with a blown engine) and put the turbo 2.1 in that. Have both cars and keep this engine. It's rare and not easy to come by.

Comment

Jealous of your M42 but I feel like it will be hard to find a buyer for this. There aren't many of us who are willing to put money into this engine. I agree with the user above if you have the cash to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Victell View Post
            I'd try to find another 318i/is (ideally with a blown engine) and put the turbo 2.1 in that. Have both cars and keep this engine. It's rare and not easy to come by.
            I wish. Not allowed to have any more cars. I have a 335is daily.

Comment

Originally posted by spoolin3dirty5i View Post
              I wish. Not allowed to have any more cars. I have a 335is daily.
              Box the engine up into a crate with wheels, and roll it into the house, under a table or something. Find a way to keep that engine.

Comment

What would you consider price wise for the turbo engine setup? Feel free to PM me.

-NICK

Comment

Working...
                X