JB Racing M42 flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JB Racing M42 flywheel

I'm about to start getting together my clutch setup and since the stock setup uses a dual mass setup and these are not how is the driveability with the stock M42 clutch? I have no interest in boosting this engine so it will only have an EAT chip, exhaust, and maybe an intake. The stock clutch will hold the power fine but if I need to I'll just do a 325i clutch swap instead. This car sees plenty of track time and some autocrosses through the year but I shift easy so the stock clutch has held up fine till now. I do a lot of daily driving in this car so I'm not wanting a setup that's too big of a pain. My previous DD was my track miata with a 7lb flywheel and an ACT Xtreme and that was fine but I'd like something a bit easier if I can and I like the way the stock clutch feels in the 325's.

The lightweight flywheel with an M42 would probly feel a bit like the miata, but if you used an OEM clutch kit it is stilll very driveable. I think the ACT clutch may be what made the other car so difficult.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Working...
    X