Cheap/Basic M42 Mods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeyBones View Post
    order a magnaflow, take it to a quality shop that has bending capabilities (not complete crush bends) but can do a decent pulled bend and have them do a custom job...there should be minimal bending anyways...
    Is it one of their universal mufflers or the polished ricer style mufflers? Are we talking a complete cat back setup too?

Any links?

Thanks much

Sold.......again.

Comment

just a small universal muffler... You'd have to pick the style you want. Magnaflow doesnt sell polished ricer mufflers! Or not that i know... They are very high quality and i've run them on just about every car i've owned, except my current 2 BMW's...e90 and e30..but thats only cuz I haven't modded either yet!

Comment

No I mean universal like this:

Get the ultimate performance mufflers, custom fit to your car, truck or motorcycle with same-day shipping on ALL in stock orders! MagnaFlow manufactures the best glasspack, oval and round straight through mufflers in the USA using premium components and the latest technology.

or "ricer" style, like this:
        Get the ultimate performance mufflers, custom fit to your car, truck or motorcycle with same-day shipping on ALL in stock orders! MagnaFlow manufactures the best glasspack, oval and round straight through mufflers in the USA using premium components and the latest technology.

Sold.......again.

Comment

Well, I can tell you that magnaflow makes a very high quality muffler and likely wont sound like a fart can no matter the style you go with. It is completely up to you if you think the style they have with tips on it already is something you like, or if you'd rather find a set of tips you like better and use a completely universal set up. You can go either way you want. If you have a muffler shop near you that is a dealer for magnaflow your best bet may be to talk to them about a custom set up so they can explain any options or fitment concerns. I dont think there is one solution i can recommend that will be absolute best. When you do decide on a muffler, however, I may be able to get you a decent deal on it.

you also may end up cheaper going with tips and a universal muffler that may not be full polished.

Comment

i have remus and i like it.

Comment

Originally posted by honkey View Post
              i have remus and i like it.
              Do you have a universal muffler? Any info?

Also, you a slayer fan?

Sold.......again.

Comment

I have a magnaflow in my car, with a cat and a 20" cherry bomb hah. Without the glasspack it had a bit of rasp and was really, really loud. It's still a little loud for me, but all of the rasp is gone.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

What size muffler and what style? I'd suggest using a resonator rather than a glass pack as once the fibers break down your rasp will be right back. Also a larger muffler may help the situation.

also remember you're working with a rev happy 4cyl. It's not going to sound like a grunting beast

Comment

Originally posted by 91 318is View Post
                    Do you have a universal muffler? Any info?

Also, you a slayer fan?
                    it's a remus exhaust and yes, i am a slayer fan. i just noticed you're in richmond. i'm in VA too. newport news.

Comment

Originally posted by honkey View Post
                      it's a remus exhaust and yes, i am a slayer fan. i just noticed you're in richmond. i'm in VA too. newport news.
                      Nice dude

I never knew Remus made a kit for M42's

Sold.......again.

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                        I have a magnaflow in my car, with a cat and a 20" cherry bomb hah. Without the glasspack it had a bit of rasp and was really, really loud. It's still a little loud for me, but all of the rasp is gone.
                        Yeah I'm curious to know what magnaflow you have. I want a decent tone, but nothing loud. I don't want to blend in with the honda guys.

Sold.......again.

Comment

what's your budget?

Comment

what's your budget?
                            Depends on what I plan on doing. I'm not seeking every bit of HP out of my car, so I was thinking just a muffler swap and maybe getting a new mid pipe bent up. I wouldn't have a problem buying a new supersprint setup, but I don't feel like waiting forever to get it.

If I did get a new mid-pipe bent, what's a good size? I was thinking of sticking with 2.25", but i know 2.5" would help kill the rasp.

Sold.......again.

Comment

actually it probably wouldnt. I'd stick with 2.25". In your case, go with a vibrant performance resonator and swap the muffler for the magnaflow either 14815 or 14816 whichever style you like best. It will be the easiest, require least welding, and will look and sound great. If you want me to check price on the magnaflow I will.

Comment

actually it probably wouldnt. I'd stick with 2.25". In your case, go with a vibrant performance resonator and swap the muffler for the magnaflow either 14815 or 14816 whichever style you like best. It will be the easiest, require least welding, and will look and sound great. If you want me to check price on the magnaflow I will.
                                I'm not a fan of the magnaflow street mufflers. I was thinking of swapping it out for a magnaflow 4x9 oval case mufflers.

Sold.......again.

Comment

Working...
                                X