1991 318is missing at 3000 rpm????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 318is missing at 3000 rpm????

1991 318is m42. the car has been missing at 2500 3000 rpm .changed coils, plugs, mass air flow, gutted the cat, fuel filter,checked fuel pressure is good disconnected the throttle position sensor and started and same problem rev it up and it misses like a rev limiter is kicking in. can anyone help me with what this might be i dont know what else to try

you can find these same things in the search, as I had the same issues, mine was the crank sensor that caued the miss at the same eninge revs. however, teh cam sensor can show the same symptoms. in the threads related to it, you can get teh ohm values for both
    also, if enought crud adn crap gets in the are of the crank seensor, it can make it miss, or so Ive read

Comment

what are the part numbers on both of those sensors???

I am having the same problem. I have recently rebuilt the motor after getting the car from previous owner...figure I might as well just replace both of them seeing as how the car has 240,000 miles and I don't know when they might have been looked at/serviced last?
      '91 318is Alpine II- || HR Sport || Bilstein Sport || Poly RTAB || Treehouse FCAB || Poly Motor Mount || Poly Tranny Mount || Poly Diff mount || IE Sway Bar || BA HP Coils/Wires || 19# Injectors || SSR Comps w/10mm spacers || Hawk Pads || Fog Delete || Magnaflow Exhaust || Z4 3.0 SSK ||

Comment

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.
        [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
        Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Working...
        X