Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOLY SHITE!!! Water in my throttle body, WTF

WTF???
    Just rebuilt the top end including a head gasket. Deleted the mess under the intake. Yesterday I was driving and the intake boot (in between the Maf and the throttle body) cracked big time. Barely made it home with a lot of dying along the way.

So today I drive to the stealer to get another boot and when I go to replace it, I find a TON of water (clear water) pooled in my throttle body. The valve cover breather that connects to the boot showed signs of milky oil. So I took off the oil filler cap (traces of white milk), then pulled the dipstick (again faint traced of milk).
    Please help!!!

Head gasket fail. Im getting oil in my intake boot..??

Comment

Probably residual from washing the engine or something along those lines. Did you use a pressure washer? Could have been alot of water in the crankcase that boiled and condensed in the intake even who knows. It isn't uncommon to get condensation in the crankcase when the engine sits for extended periods especially if it goes from inside to outside and back into a heated garage.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

e30trooper, Thank you but I hope you are wrong. It's hard for me to believe that the gasket would fail immediately after replacing it. Everything was done by the book. New head studs, tightened correctly, new profile gasket.

Adrian, the head had been off for 2 months and the car sat in the back of the shop but somewhat near where they wash a lot of cars and could have picked up some moisture. I hope you are right.

So two things. My throttle body is the one with the nipple on the bottom. This isnt hooked up to anything (my feeling is this is wrong). Should I just drain the oil, and replace, and try to let it sweat out?

Comment

hopefully you didn't damage the gasket
          Originally posted by audiquattrot
          bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
          1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
          2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
          1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
          2006 CBR600RR

Comment

I hope so too. I was meticulous when installing it. I had the head surfaced, and cleaned the hell out of the block surface. Two people set the head on the block, with no issues. God I hope I didn't just do all that work for nothing...

Comment

How about the TCPG (timing case profile gasket)? I hope while you had it apart you replaced it along with any worn timing components? It's a lot of work when you're already doing the mess under the intake, but well worth the peace of mind knowing most if not all of your engine trouble areas have been addressed.

Otherwise, Adrian may have a very good point.
              Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

The crankcase vent should hook up to the bottom of the throttle body.
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

from an earlier thread of yours you were talking about an idle issue, sounds like you found what might be causing it, torn boot, and then it finally ripped big time
                  cant imagine that in our area (this year) that its cold enough to put "cream" in your oil
                  how it running with the new boot ?
                  if your still getting cream you might have a leak someplace , hows your water level doing ?

Comment

This is how its running..

Man :(

Comment

You don't drive cars that are running bad on the freeway. What kind of idiot are you?

Comment

that milky water is pretty common apparentlu and is nothig to worry about. I asked about it earlier on the m42 club and that was what the consensus was.
                        [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                        Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Working...
                        X