alternator belt removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternator belt removal

this is turning to a real pain in the ass the compressor belt is in the way and can't figure how to take it off by any chance is there a write up on how to do this shit....

thanks

there is a bracket on the front side of it.

(ignore the red circle) look front top side of alternator.

you have to losen a bolt, and then turn the other one (the larger one) that sits on some teeth. and the whole thing will shift one way or the other

Comment

looks like one of those micro adjustable multi metric wrenches your using there

Comment

So I have never looked nor wanted to look at a m42 but are they the same front as a m50 but with V belts? Instead of serp.
        "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

Pop the cap off the lower pulley. Loosen the 13mm nut. Under the the pulley is a 6mm allen bolt that you loosen till it almost falls off. Pry off belt. If you need to take the fan off it has reverse threads.
          what you did to this car is like getting a supermodel naked and willing to do anything you please. now here you are faced with ths once in a lifetime opportunity and then you squander it by making her fuck you in the butt with a 24" strap on. you are a sad, silly little boy.

Comment

earlier this week i managed to snap the alternator belt, which i guess in turn tore off the a/c and power steering belts as well. after buying all new belts and loosening the alternator bracket i snapped the tensioner bolt where the nut meets at the end, so now i have to wait for the replacements. be more careful than i was.

part #s:
            07129946401 - self locking hex nut
            12317677914 - idler
            12311709903 - saucer head screw
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X