Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cold start/idle issue . . what could it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cold start/idle issue . . what could it be?

there is still one thing wrong with my car after the swap: I'm not sure if its a sensor? Or a plug of some sort that hasn't plugged in, but when I start the car cold, the idle won't hold and it dies..only when the car starts to get a little warm..the idle begins to hold without the engine dying...any ideas?

so i pretty much have to start the car about 15 times, have it putter and die, until it gets warm enough then it gradually will start to idle normally.

i have a couple ideas of what it could be, but i'm still pretty in the dark.

-idle control valve? Mass Air? could be a crank sensor with water in the plug (or a bad sensor)? cold start injector or valve?

im guessing (hoping) its not the idle control valve becuase i got one this summer at 002 salvage.

any ideas guys? im trying to get her on the road so i cam make it to BIMMERFEST 2010!!!

let me know

-Grant

also, could someone direct me to the location of the cold start injector?

Comment

ok update, tried stsarting it with the maf plug going into the box right after the filter,,,,she fired right up! but the idle was rough as hell. what does THIS mean? bad maf?

Comment

well, it turned out to the be MAF. case closed!

Comment

Working...
        X