What kind of bleed screw is this?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gearheadE30
    replied
    I actually bought a metal bleed screw from Pelican Parts. They're cheap and don't get brittle with heat, so I'd go that route.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gooch
    replied
    Yes, the piece held on with two screws.

    Honestly if the bolt and o-ring works, just go with it.

    Leave a comment:


  • keada714
    replied
    Dont think the bleeder has been tampered with it, since the bleed screw is a smaller than the "bmw screw". I can re tap it so the original bmw screw can fit but It wont sit flush therefore i'm afraid it wont seal correctly. I think im going to just stick to my homemade screw..

    Leave a comment:


  • keada714
    replied
    which cover piece are you talking about? The black piece that is held on by the two screws?

    Leave a comment:


  • Gooch
    replied
    Take off the cover plate and see what's going on under there. That is not the OEM bleed screw because the OEM one sits flush with the cover plate. Maybe the previous owner stripped out the threads and put something together to make it work?

    Leave a comment:


  • keada714
    replied
    I've tried the one bmw gave me as well as the one I pocketed from the junk yards.. I had to get a 8x1.25 bolt with an o ring to seal it up.. It works fine but I would like to replace it with the correct bleed screw.

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt-B
    replied
    Originally posted by keada714
    I've tried using the "original bleed screw" that I bought from BMW but it does not work. It is a little to big for this radiator. The reason why I posted this up is because I been struggling to find the right screw for this. Right now I rigged up a temp screw to keep it from leaking. The thread pitch for this screw is 8x1.25. So does anyone have an ideal on what screw to use or any other information in order for me to get the correct screw..

    the 1 from bmw will and should work

    Leave a comment:


  • keada714
    replied
    I've tried using the "original bleed screw" that I bought from BMW but it does not work. It is a little to big for this radiator. The reason why I posted this up is because I been struggling to find the right screw for this. Right now I rigged up a temp screw to keep it from leaking. The thread pitch for this screw is 8x1.25. So does anyone have an ideal on what screw to use or any other information in order for me to get the correct screw..

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt-B
    replied
    You need #8, just look around a bit more first



    part # 17 11 1 712 788

    Leave a comment:


  • mr.vang
    replied
    realoem.com should have the part number

    Leave a comment:


  • keada714
    started a topic What kind of bleed screw is this?

    What kind of bleed screw is this?

    My bleed screw broke today and I need to find a replacement. I already went to a bmw dealer and they didn't carry it. Can someone please tell me whats the part number for this screw!!




Working...